One of the properties owned by Judge John Hancock after 1866, shown as it appears today. Rubin Hancock, his three brothers, and other family members were slaves of Judge Hancock prior to their emancipation. The property, today known as the Moore-Hancock farmstead, was excavated by members of the Travis County Archeological Society under the direction of current owners, Dr. Michael Collins and Karen Collins. Photo courtesy of Michael and Karen Collins.
Close Window