X Back

View of partially completed 1951 excavations. Although this photo is not well focused and it is marred by scratches, it does show how the deep excavations at Falcon Arroyo were accomplished. The visible wall is that of the bulldozer cut that was made at right-angles to the actual arroyo, which can just be seen on the extreme right. The wooden stakes at the bottom of the cut mark the 5-foot grid. Two rows of 5-x-5 excavation units have been completed and within these units is a raised ridge of screened back dirt. 1951 photo by Jack Hughes, TARL archives.

X Back