Map of the ruins of La Salle’s settlement with locations of cannons and buildings, drawn by a member of the De Leon expedition in 1689. According to the Spanish account, the cannons were buried for future use but could not found by later occupants of the presidio in the 1720s. Image from De Leon 1689 (reprinted in 1909).
Close Window